PART TIME POSTION AS LEGAL SECRETARY / PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRINCIPAL ATTORNEY
Kirsten Youens is the principal attorney of Youens Attorneys based near Salt Rock, KwaZulu-Natal. The work that the applicant will be involved in is far-reaching and very important in the human rights and environmental justice field. Much of the work is done on a pro bono basis and it is therefore necessary for the applicant to familiarise his/yourself with the cause behind the work before deciding to complete the second stage of the application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Own transport.
- Highly organised, motivated individual with superior administration skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience in High Court litigation secretarial work.
- Advanced computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office and Pastel.
- Meticulous filing and diarising systems for litigation management.
- A strong work ethic.
- A passion for social and environmental justice.
- Zulu-speaking would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities of this position as legal secretary/executive assistant to the principal attorney include:
- Managing the principal attorney’s administration, schedule and correspondence;
- Drafting documents from dictation;
- Identifying potential funders, preparing funding applications and follow-up reporting;
- Drafting documents and communication;
- Setting up filing and diarising systems;
- Checking pleadings, indexing and paginating bundles, preparing briefs for counsel.
- Deliveryof important documents;
- Translation of documents from Zulu to English and vice versa;
- Co-ordinating meetings, typing agendas, minutes and membership lists;
- Setting up meetings, arranging travel and accommodation;
- Providing ad-hoc support for personal administration.
The salary offered will be dependent on the qualifications, skills and level of experience of the successful candidate, but will fall within the range R5 500.00 per month (total cost to company) for four mornings per week.
If you are interested in the position please download and complete the questionnaire below and send it with your short CV to: