- Petroleum Project Stalled in the Bazaruto Seascape – July 2020
- Fighting for people and planet – Africa-Legal – 13 May 2020
- The future of East Africa’s last ‘mermaids’ hangs in the balance – Daily Maverick – 17 December 2019
- Sasol pushes for drilling near Bazaruto – BusinessLive – 15 December 2019
Environmental report understates potential catastrophe on the East Coast – Green Times – 22 November 2018
Fears drilling off coast may lead to major oil spill – Cape Times – 22 November 2018
Shock judgement in KwaZulu-Natal coal mining case – Green Times – 21 November 2018
For the sake of our whales, stop the bastards, Mantashe told – Times Select – 19 November 2018
- Dangers of being a Defender of Environmental Justice in South Africa – Saturday Star August 26,2017 and bizcommunity.com August 25, 2017
- Is absolutely nowhere safe from mining? – Independent on Saturday, October 3, 2015
- Anthracite mine fight gains momentum – Eyethu Bay Watch on September 16, 2015.
- Anthracite mine ‘fatally flawed’ –Daily News on Friday, September 4, 2015.
- ENVIRONMENTALISTS WARN, ‘Zululand coal mine ‘dangerous’ – The Mercury, August 6, 2015
- Demolition sticker outrage – The Mercury, Tuesday 28 April, 2015
- Coal mine scoping report ‘inadequate’ – The Mercury, Thursday, 9 April 2015
- Impact study for proposed coal mine rejected – The Witness, 17 October 2014
- HLULUWE IMFOLOZI THREATENED BY MINING 50/50 Sunday 21 October 2018
- 50|50 documentary on the mining threat to Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Sunday 10 September, 2017
- 50/50 documentary on the mining threat to Thula Thula Game Reserve Sunday 17 December, 2017
- SAfm interview with Nancy Richards on the challenges facing environmental activists 24 November, 2017
Kirsten has published articles in several magazines and newspapers on a variety of subjects including the White Paper on Sustainable Coastal Management, the transportation of dangerous goods and prepared her final year LLB thesis on Strict Liability, Water Pollution and the Constitution. Her papers prepared in the course of her Environmental Masters included a paper on ground water pollution and the legislation pertaining thereto as well as integrated environmental management.
She presented a paper on Justiciability of Sustainable Development, with specific reference to the National Environmental Management Act at the International Association of Impact Assessments conference in October 2001. Kirsten has presented papers in 2003 at IIR conferences in Johannesburg on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods and on the proposed Waste Management Bill and the White Paper on Integrated Waste Management.
Kirsten wrote her Masters dissertation on Animal Rights: A Moral and Legal Discussion on the Standing of Animals in South African Law.
Kirsten presented two papers for presentation at the Symposium of Contemporary Conservation Practice to be held in Howick in October 2016 headed:
A Legal Discussion On The Illegal Trade Of Wildlife And Proposed Legislative Changes That Are Needed To Prevent The Criminal Decimation Of Our Species.